Door and window locks play a key role in securing your family and property. It’s important to check your locks from time to time to ensure that they’re still working properly. It also alerts you if it’s time to upgrade or change locks to improve the security in your home.
Here are some good reasons to change locks in your home or office:
- Moving in to a new property – Your brand new home didn’t just sprout from the ground. There are probably several people involved who have access to your property during construction. Make sure that you change locks before you move.
- Moving in to a previously owned or rented place – If you’ve recently bought a previously owned home or started renting an apartment, there’s a chance that the people who used to live there still have keys. You have to change locks before you move in to ensure that only you and your family have access to your home.
- Moving in to an old property – An old house can be a gem despite the challenges of maintaining and upgrading certain features. Many old homes have less secure locks perhaps because there wasn’t really any need for high-security locking systems in the past. It’s a different story nowadays when home invasions are just some of the security issues people have to be careful of. If you’ve acquired an old property, check the locks and change those that don’t serve your home security requirements.
- You lost or misplaced your keys – When it comes to misplacing or losing your keys, it’s always best to err on the side of safety. Don’t hesitate to change locks thinking that anyone who finds your keys wouldn’t know where to use them. Unless you lost your keys at the sea at the other side of the continent, changing locks would be your best option.
- Faulty or worn-out locks – Why risk the trouble of dealing with malfunctions and breakdowns of faulty or worn-locks when you can just change them? Consider it as an opportunity to upgrade your locking system. Consult with a professional locksmith to discuss what types of locks you need to install.
24 Hour Locksmith Pros
We service the following suburbs and surrounding cities of the Atlanta, Georgia area: Capitol Homes, Five Points, Shermantown, Atlanta Station Number 4 Fire Station, Summerhill, Brooklyn, Mechanicsville, Cabbage Town, Peoplestown, Vine City, Inman Park, Joel Chandler Harris Homes, West End, English Avenue Neighborhood, Copen Hill